Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Sixpence None The Richer - The Fatherless and the Window

I found this first Sixpence album very enjoyable. This has some of Leigh Nash's best singing that I've heard. I love her voice and the wholesome quality of her songs in this one.

The lyrics are straightforward, cute, and very christian in tone. The instruments blend well together. There are no jarring elements, it's smooth listening all throughout.

My personal favorites in this CD are the songs Spotlight - about fame and humility, Musings - great voice especially on the 'you have redeemed it' part, Trust - which is the closest to a Church song, but trust me it's good, even atheists and agnostics will like this one. And of course there's the track 'Meaningless', which has some pretty damn good lyrics:

Meaningless
It's all meaningless
All my life and labor is foolish
And now I don't have a reason
A reason to live anymore

Awww... she's so cute.

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars * * * *
Great voice, wholesome songs.

No comments: