Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Fuzzy Logic

I knew I had to get this David Benoit CD after I heard 'Then The Morning Comes' on the radio. I hadn't even known at the time that it was a remake of an original song by Smash Mouth. But Benoit pulls it off with a kickass powerful instrumental rendition. I liked the sharp harpsichord piano combined with wind instruments. By the way, the original Smash Mouth version is cool too.

I initially thought the album title 'Fuzzy Logic' was a reference to the computer artificial intelligence fuzzy logic concept, but the more I think of it, it's more about the theme of combining various instruments in a contradictory way to evoke emotions in the listener. This is the CD you want playing while reading a good book or surfing the web. The first half is all about speed, excitement, caffeine, while the second half settles down to a relaxing tone. I liked the first few songs 'Snap!', 'Fuzzy Logic', 'Someday Soon', and of course 'Then The Morning Comes'. The later songs are pretty forgetable, though 'War Of The S.U.V.'s' is ok. All in all, a good one to have.

Rating: 3 out of 5 stars * * *
Then The Morning Comes

1 comment:

rmacapobre said...

rob :) nice name. I don't get to hear that name that often here in Guatemala ;), (everyone speaks spanish)

in spanish robert is pronounced and spelled roberto.