Saturday, April 23, 2005

Cold Mountain

So I paid for my ticket, got some popcorn, and rushed in to watch this movie.

Cold Mountain is set in the civil war era. Nicole Kidman and Jude Law flirt with each other, but no romance comes out of it. Jude goes to war, Kidman teams up with Renee Zellweger to maintain the farm, Zellweger does enough "acting" to win the Oscar, Jude longs for Nicole, they have a love scene, Natalie Portman has a part (she looked good by the way). Etc. etc. etc. Sometime during all this, I dozed off.

The whole story is a stretch of the imagination. I didn't find any of the characters believable. I didn't laugh at any of Renee's lines. And I was getting more and more annoyed at the characters of Ms. Kidman and Mr. Law. But I was more annoyed at myself for wasting money on this sorry film. Only the popcorn was entertaining.

But even more unbelievable was what happened after we left the cinema. The people I were with said they loved the movie. Holy shit, people will watch anything these days.

Rating: 1 out of 5 stars *
This movie made me want to stop watching movies.

No comments: