Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Scary Movie 4

Scary Movie 4 spoofs and satirizes War of the Worlds, Saw 2, The Grudge, Million Dollar Baby, The Village, and numerous other films. I didn't have high expectations for this one and I left the moviehouse thinking I had wasted my time.

OK, I haven't seen War of the Worlds so I couldn't relate to any of the jokes regarding it, which was a major part of the film. I'm a big M. Night Shyamalan fan so I was pleased that they decided to spoof The Village. The jokes regarding The Grudge was kinda lame, I only found the japanese real estate agent funny. The Saw 2 jokes were unfunny. I actually laughed at the Million Dollar Baby ring scenes.

The presence of Anna Faris was probably the only one thing made this movie marginally worth watching? Beautiful, funny, and silly at the same time.

The ending? It was ridiculous. Yes I know it isn't supposed to make sense, that I shouldn't take this movie too seriously. Yet it was even more ridiculous than I thought, carelessly made ending that wasn't funny.

Rating: 2/5 * *
Not funny enough.

No comments: